20130205

016 - Purple lilies on the beach

Where's Dim Sum? #016 - Purple lilies on the beach

Dim Sum basks in the warm sun on the beach amid ... purple lilies?

Actually, the more interesting thing about this spot is that tree with the rock disc.  I have no idea what it is, but maybe an ancient recording of some king winning a battle.  Or so I imagine anyway.


location: X-ZONE


Technical notes

windlight: Phototools- Dorm Light 01 (modified)
water: Phototools- Ship Light

Depth of Field:
View angle: 0.727
FOV: 44.7
F-number: 14.41
Foc Length: 638
Foc Time: 0.8
CoC: 10.0
Resolution: 0.78
Aspect Ratio: 1.33

Still playing with DOF and I think I'll continue in this direction for a while.  What I am thankful for is that my work with stereoscopy has taught me how to compose a shoot for depth.  And that makes DOF more interesting.

Again had problems with the shadows on the prims of the plants on the side of the rock.  The fuzziness helped a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

370 - Eggs and bunnies and peeps (360°)

Dim Sum joins the peeps who wanna be bunnies. At least for Easter. For non-US folks, "peeps" are marshmallow candies shaped l...