20130203

013 - The tent

Where's Dim Sum? #013 - The tent


Several times, while I was playing with windlight and DOF or mucking with the camera controls to get the composition I want while keeping the DOF focus on the tent, someone would walk into the scene, walk over to me, and stand there for a long while, like they're itching to start a conversation.  I waited for them to say something, but they don't.  Thankfully, people *do* read profiles!

No, I don't say "go away" in Dim Sum's profile, but I send them to several links, including this blog.  So, either they got distracted by the links or they decided they didn't want to end up in my picture of the day.

Maybe people get fascinated by a cat avatar that's not a neko.  And this cat has the same attitude as a real one.  ;)

Hey, you're blocking the view.... Ho-hum....

(I'm kidding!  Seriously, it's just an RP attitude....  Well, okay, it's not too far from the truth, depending how much sleep I had the night before....)

location:X-ZONE


Technical notes


windlight: [TOR] SCIFI - Rimmenthal (modified again)

Depth of Field:
View angle: 0.55
FOV: 44.7
F-number: 17.7
Foc Length: 302
Foc Time: 0.8
CoC: 10.0
Resolution: 0.78
Aspect Ratio: 1.33


The cool thing about this sim is that the foliage is dreamy.  Yep, dreamy.  The first thing that came to mind was that it looks like a watercolor scene.  I was looking for windlight that would enhance the watercolor-ness of the scene and accidentally clicked the windlight that I saved from the #007 shoot.  I had to modify it a lot more, and I still haven't found the windlight that would make it look more watercolor-y.

There was a dark tree behind the tent that would have added a nice balance of darks and lights, but when the sun is at a certain angle (any angle that's not straight behind the camera), the prim lines show and the shading is different on each face of the prim.  So it looked very unnatural. Solution? I de-rezzed it and darkened the sky instead.

Here's one with the dark tree still there. Admittedly, this looks more watercolor-y because it's brighter.  Dim Sum was also in the first position in this photo. And there's that dead tree branch on the upper left corner.


And here's a mosaic with increasing features.  (I tried to make an animated gif, which animates from my hard drive but doesn't after I upload it to Blogger.  I'll figure it out later.)
  • Frame 1: plain with selected windlight
  • Frame 2: plus atmospheric shaders on
  • Frame 3: plus lighting and shadows on (but shadows is set to "none")
  • Frame 3: plus DOF


No comments:

Post a Comment

370 - Eggs and bunnies and peeps (360°)

Dim Sum joins the peeps who wanna be bunnies. At least for Easter. For non-US folks, "peeps" are marshmallow candies shaped l...