20130307

043 - Ruins and roses

Where's Dim Sum? #043 - Ruins and roses


Dim Sum finds herself in the middle of a rose patch after chasing after that mouse, which got away anyway. She gingerly walks through the thorny vines, then sits down to lick her fur back in place.


These ruins are actually smaller than they seem. It's kinda cute. That part in the right foreground with the cylindrical top looks like a tiny pyramid.

This was not my first choice for the subject matter. I was going to shoot a globe, but it didn't look interesting enough and I couldn't find a good windlight that fits it. That took a long time, so I gave up and then I found this spot, which was still a little difficult to compose.

location: Betelgeuse 5


Technical notes

windlight: Places Greed (modified)
water: Default

Depth of Field:
View angle: 0.65
FOV: 21.0
F-number: 6.5
Foc Length: 285
Foc Time: 0.8
CoC: 10.0
Resolution: 1.0
Aspect Ratio: 1.0

Glow Settings:
Quality: 8
Iterations: 10
Strength: 0.2
Luminance: 0.75
Warmth: 5.0
Width: 1.0
Alpha: 0.15

The windlight here is actually plain. I wanted it to look like a normal bright spring day, so I just focused on the shadows.

No comments:

Post a Comment

370 - Eggs and bunnies and peeps (360°)

Dim Sum joins the peeps who wanna be bunnies. At least for Easter. For non-US folks, "peeps" are marshmallow candies shaped l...