20150719

318 - This is Svarga!

Where's Dim Sum? #318 - This is Svarga!

Dim Sum imagines herself as a guard dog and sits at the doorway.


The 365 project is almost winding down. I could finish it up sooner so I can move on to other things, but I've kinda moved on to other things already, including AvaHyr.com.

But I don't want to end this project without doing Svarga!

I discovered Svarga during my first year in SL. It was state-of-the-art then. The textures blew my mind, and they still do. Even the builds, completely created from standard prims are still awe-inspiring. Actually, they are even more awe-inspiring precisely because they are made from standard prims.

The artificial life experiments were so nerdy that they were awesome. But it seems that those experiments are not done anymore, although the plants, that seem partly familiar and partly alien, are still around. They probably just don't reproduce anymore.

I am very, very happy that Svarga was sold when Lauko couldn't afford it anymore. I was sad to realize that the new owner chose to make it a private sim. But after seeing some pictures of it in Flickr recently, I realized that it's open to the public again. Thank you, thank you, thank you to the owner!

The entire sim was created by Laukosargas Svarog.

location: Svarga


Technical notes

windlight: AnaLutetia - outdoor (modified)
water: Default


No comments:

Post a Comment

370 - Eggs and bunnies and peeps (360°)

Dim Sum joins the peeps who wanna be bunnies. At least for Easter. For non-US folks, "peeps" are marshmallow candies shaped l...